If you are new and just found out about REACH OUT MALAYSIA , kindly please go through all our postings and activities and facts to have a better understanding on who we are and what we do.
‘TAK KENAL MAKA TAK CINTA’ – so get to know us first and this will avoid anyone asking the same questions over again.
If you think that you have what it takes, please proceed to the SECOND STEP:
1. Write and apply to our official email : firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com and supply us with the following details:
1. NAME AND AGE
2. HP NUMBER
4. INFORM US IF YOU HAVE ANY TRANSPORTATION OR NOT
5. DAY OF PREFERENCE (monday to Sunday (except Thursday – which is our off day)
6. CATEGORY IN WHICH YOU WISH TO VOLUNTEER (If you are specialised in any fields, eg doctor, lawyer, designer, cook etc – please specify should you wish to donate your talents etc if needed)
7. HOW MANY DAYS IN A MONTH CAN YOU VOLUNTEER (ONCE A WEEK? , ONCE A MONTH? – PLEASE SPECIFY)
8. TELL ME IN NOT SO MANY WORDS ON WHY YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US AS VOLUNTEER.
KINDLY BE PATIENCE WITH THE TIME TAKEN TO REPLY YOUR QUERIES AS WE CAN ONLY DO THIS OUTSIDE OF OUR WORKING HOUR AS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS IN REACH OUT IS ON VOLUNTEER BASIS AND WE DO NOT HAVE ANY PAID STAFF. WE WILL ATTEND TO YOU ONE BY ONE THE BEST WE CAN.
WE WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU DO A ‘ TRIAL FOOD RUN’ WITH US TO UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM , CULTURE AND THE HOMELESS FRIENDS WE HELP (This is to avoid Culture Shock or to find out if this work is suitable for you).
– Once you have been on the road 3 times – formalised your participation by filling in Reach Out official form and we then will welcome you to our organisation with open arms.
PLEASE CALL ANY OF OUR RUN LEADERS SHOULD YOU WISH TO DO A TRIAL FOOD RUN DURING THEIR DUTY DAY:
TIME: MEETING POINT
SUNDAY – HAFRIZ 11.30PM MASJID JAMEK
MONDAY – HASIF 11.30PM MASJID JAMEK
TUESDAY – MUSTAQIM 11.30PM MASJD INDIA
WEDNESDAY – MUSTAQIM 11.30PM MASJID INDIA
THURSDAY – OFF DAY OFF
FRIDAY – ZAKIR – 11.30PM MASJID JAMEK
SATURDAY – PETER 5.30PM BUS STAND KLANG, KL, 11.30 PM RESTORAN ALWIRA, jalan pudu, KL
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org (feexa N)
1. FOOD DISTRIBUTOR
2. FOOD TRANSPORTER
3. SPECIALISED FIELDS (DOCTOR, LAWYER, COUNSELLOR, FIRST AID TRAINER ETC )
4. GROUP CSR – (EITHER UNIVERSITIES OR CORPORATE COMPANIES) – this will fall under group categories – 5 or more people and proposal is to be sent to email@example.com – REFER TO THE GROUP CSR DOCUMENT AS WELL.
WE UPDATE OUR DETAILS ON THE FOOD RUN EVERYDAY – KINDLY CHECK THE INFORMATION YOU NEEDED ON OUR FACEBOOK FROM TIME TO TIME.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY – WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND ANY OF THE ABOVE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE ACCORDING TO CIRCUMSTANCES.
White Ribbon is a campaign championed in Malaysia by individuals to involve men in tackling violence against women.
It is a joint initiative by a coalition of global organisations, individuals and groups of men.
White Ribbon Malaysia is part of the international White Ribbon Campaign, which is the largest effort in the world of men working to end violence against women, with campaigns in over 55 countries.
White Ribbon promotes the ending of violence against women by engaging men and boys in taking action on the issue. It of course welcomes women members.
White Ribbon does this by raising awareness, promoting discussion and providing information and resources to support personal and collective action among men.
White Ribbon Campaign aims:
• Endorse and clearly state the vital role of non-perpetrating men in challenging and stopping violence against women
• Identify, create and promote opportunities for non-perpetrating men to be involved in the campaign to Stop Violence Against Women
• Increase the capacity of men in to engage in the campaign to Stop Violence Against Women, through examination and dissemination of best practice.
What Do We Need?
Take action: White Ribbon is first and foremost a grass roots campaign, relying on the skills, experience and action of men . We need you to work with others in your community to educate and inspire other men to campaign against violence against women.
By becoming a member, pledging ,and wearing the White Ribbon you are showing your support of the aims.
Wear with pride.
Fo more updates and info click White Ribbon Malaysia FB
FUR is an initiative launched as part of Reach Out Malaysia’s programmes.
FUR will feed and where possible rescue stray/abandoned cats whenever found during Reach Out’s Street Feeding Programme.
FUR works with likeminded organisations to assist cats who are abandoned or in distress to give them a compassionate and humane life.
FUR also creates awareness of the issue relating to abuse/abandonment of cats and aims to reduce such through empowerement and education of the public to make the change necessary.
Click and join F.U.R Facebook for more info.
We are looking for volunteers who are kind enough to donate their time permanently on their preferred day so our ‘Operation Kindness’ will always be operated on equality basis – We have food runs everyday except Thursday – if you are able to donate your time at any particular day –
do give us your name and number to:
naomiashikin at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your preferred day – we will help you out on your queries as well.
For our new members here, just a quick update on who we are:
1. Reach Out is a voluntary organisation.
2. We all have jobs/study/families but do this work when we can. Why? Because we can.
3. Many of us commit to regular operations as Run Leaders and many volunteers also commit to days when they are free.
4. Reach Out is homeless the same as the people we serve! Our registered office and where we store donated items is my business address.
5. We are a fully registered Charitable Society and NGO in Malaysia.
6. Our Committee are also volunteers and also conduct duties as Run Leaders.
7. In the five years since founding we have never missed a days scheduled operations even if there was only one volunteer. That is our commitment to eradicating poverty.
8. We are a non religious and non political organisation.
9. We work together with other likeminded organisations, commercial companies, universities in CSR programmes arranged by Reach Out.
10. And yes we still have time for families, friends, cinemas, starbucks, watching football, shopping, and all the other normal things in life:)