For our new members here, just a quick update on who we are:
1. Reach Out is a voluntary organisation.
2. We all have jobs/study/families but do this work when we can. Why? Because we can.
3. Many of us commit to regular operations as Run Leaders and many volunteers also commit to days when they are free.
4. Reach Out is homeless the same as the people we serve! Our registered office and where we store donated items is my business address.
5. We are a fully registered Charitable Society and NGO in Malaysia.
6. Our Committee are also volunteers and also conduct duties as Run Leaders.
7. In the five years since founding we have never missed a days scheduled operations even if there was only one volunteer. That is our commitment to eradicating poverty.
8. We are a non religious and non political organisation.
9. We work together with other likeminded organisations, commercial companies, universities in CSR programmes arranged by Reach Out.
10. And yes we still have time for families, friends, cinemas, starbucks, watching football, shopping, and all the other normal things in life:)