Reach Out would like to wish all of our Muslim volunteers, sponsors and supporters Ramadan Mubarak. May Allah (SWT) bless your Ramadan and accept your fasts.
As the Holy Month of Ramadhan is soon to be with us we need to make some minor adjustments to our programmes.
For our 1st Run on Saturday we will now meet at 5.30pm instead of 5pm and commence food distribution at 6 to 6.15pm.
That will ensure that all of our street friends will have food ready for breaking fast.
All other runs will remain unchanged although some stops may need adjustment as we have many groups on the street distributing food. In order not to oversupply and see food wasted we will ensure areas that we know are not normally serviced by these groups will be taken care of.
Some advice has already been given to our Run Leaders on this and they will use their discretion to ensure our food continues to get to those in need.
email to email@example.com
Salam and Greetings kind people – our last ‘5000 nasi lemak ayam’ campaign lasted on 11/11/11 has healed hunger for many of our street friends ! We used approximately 350 packs per week along with the food packs donated by JAWI (Jabatan Agama Islam Wilayah), PJ Hilton and some of our CSR program from colleges and corporate companies. Not to forget our kind sponsors, Spritzer, Giant, Rotiboys, individual who have been so kind to share what they’ve got.
As you can see, 5000 nasi lemak ayam have been exhausted over the past 4 and a half months –
We are the people’s movement for the people of Malaysia or rather we share and care for anyone who needs that little help from us. Let us get together again in joining hands to share what we have extra to people who need our help. Let us infect one another again with kindness and compassion that all of you kind people have freely given and shared.
We may not be able to do all those fancy fundraising dinner or have high ranks contacts etc or know high ranking big political man with money – but we do know the biggest of them all – Allah (God). And may he be with us in our fight for humanity. (and we have his contact numbers heee!!)
KINDLY LOOK OUT FOR OUR NEXT CAMPAIGN – BROUGHT TO YOU BY REACH OUT MALAYSIA
We are looking for volunteers who are kind enough to donate their time permanently on their preferred day so our ‘Operation Kindness’ will always be operated on equality basis – We have food runs everyday except Thursday – if you are able to donate your time at any particular day –
do give us your name and number to:
naomiashikin at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your preferred day – we will help you out on your queries as well.
For our new members here, just a quick update on who we are:
1. Reach Out is a voluntary organisation.
2. We all have jobs/study/families but do this work when we can. Why? Because we can.
3. Many of us commit to regular operations as Run Leaders and many volunteers also commit to days when they are free.
4. Reach Out is homeless the same as the people we serve! Our registered office and where we store donated items is my business address.
5. We are a fully registered Charitable Society and NGO in Malaysia.
6. Our Committee are also volunteers and also conduct duties as Run Leaders.
7. In the five years since founding we have never missed a days scheduled operations even if there was only one volunteer. That is our commitment to eradicating poverty.
8. We are a non religious and non political organisation.
9. We work together with other likeminded organisations, commercial companies, universities in CSR programmes arranged by Reach Out.
10. And yes we still have time for families, friends, cinemas, starbucks, watching football, shopping, and all the other normal things in life:)
As we have had a number of new volunteers working with us I felt it appropriate to let everyone know of the structure of our NGO.
Reach Out is a registered Charitable Society and NGO under the Registrar of Societies here in Malaysia.
The full registration details are:
Persatuan Amal Mencapai Harapan – Selangor dan Wilayah Persekutuan (Reach Out Charitable Society, Selangor and Federal Territories).
Our ROS Borang 3 No.’s are: PPM WKL1705/10 and PPP WKL0166/10.
Our Committee is as follows:
Peter Nicoll – President
Maple Cheow – Vice President
Jenny Wong – Secretary/Legal, Asst. Treasurer
Feexa Nicoll – Asst Treasurer, Sponsorship, Internal PR
A Zakir Jaafar – Volunteers, IT.
Tiki Keh – Committee Member
The Street Feeding Programme Run Leaders are as follows;
In addition, Reach Out operates the following:
White Ribbon Malaysia
Administartors – Feexa Nicoll/Pete Nicoll.
Reach Out Education Programme
Programme Director – Peter Nicoll
Administrator – Vacant
GIS Liason – Rhian Adlam
Centre For The Eradication of Poverty
Administrator – Peter Nicoll
Reach Out Emergency Response Team (ERT)
Unit Director – Peter Nicoll
All Programmes report directly to the main committee. In addition there is an Operating Group comprising of Peter, Feexa, Zakir and Jenny who review operations and recommend changes in line with the organisations focus and vision to the main ccommittee.
Reach Out’s Annual General Meeting is held each November and all registered members are invited to attend.
Reach Outs Articles of Association are available
Over the last three months Reach Out have been working with Bank Islam to facilitate sponsorship and CSR programmes from this major financial institution.
We are delighted to announce that the following has been agreed at a meeting today that I and Feexa attended on behalf of Reach Out:
1. Bank Islam will conduct an initial CSR programme with us on the 9th and 10th December 2011. Bank Islam will operate with us over the two days and they will provide 500 food packs as well as clothes, biscuits, and other goodies for our street friends.
2. On the 15th of each month, commencing in December 2011, Bank Islam will provide us with clothes, dry foods, packet drinks, medicines and other items that we can distribute for our street friends. This programme will operate for an initial 12 month period.
3. Bank Islam will provide oportunities for our street friends to work with their team in such ventures as Mosque renovations, gardening projects, environmental projects. This is in line with an initiative launched by our Committee Member Zakir last week. The details and logistics have to be worked out but we hope to commence this project in January 2012. The project is an idea from our street friends who wish to show that they can contribute back to society.
4. Bank Islam will assist Reach Out by providing loans and deposit payments for our homeless friends who need such for housing. In some cases DBKL have granted housing but the street folks do not have the RM600 deposit reqiuired. Bank islam will now assist with this upon Reach Out recommendations.
5. Bank Islam will facilitate meetings between Reach Out and their internal Islamic Council in an effort to assist Reach Out with its vision for an Intervention Centre to provide the facilities to address the needs of the homeless/unemployed and get them reintegrated back into society.
We are deeply grateful to Bank islam for their commitment to Reach Out and our programmes for the eradication of poverty. With support from Bank Islam we believe that we can make a significant step forward in achieveing our aiam of the eradication of poverty.
I want to thank Feexa who has worked tirelessly in dealing with Bank Islam to make this happen.